Corporate Social Responsibility
We are committed to supporting good causes and charities that help to provide support, shelter and accommodation, for children and adults, in the communities within which we operate, and beyond.
My Home Move Charitable Trust
The My Home Move Charitable Trust was set up in 2013 to bring together the range of charitable activities being conducted across the company. Money raised for the Trust is distributed to our chosen good causes, which fall into two groups: "Do The Right Thing" and "Other Causes".
Do The Right Thing
Do The Right Thing (DTRT) is the internal name we give to the work that we do for the good causes and charities that My Home Move staff support. DTRT grew from the personal passion of our people, to be a force for good for those less fortunate than ourselves. DTRT supports four good causes, all of which have had personal, as well as financial support from staff in various parts of My Home Move:
- The Bridge Homeless Shelter in Leicester city centre provides a safe and warm place for many of the city’s homeless
- The Snehalaya Children’s Home in India cares for and educates 50 children with cerebral palsy and multiple disabilities
- The Hope Centre in Northampton provides basic essential services and life skills workshops to local people who have fallen on hard times
- The Mustard Tree in Greater Manchester creates choice and opportunity for people who are homeless and marginalised
- Lands’ End to John O’Groats - Earlier this year Rob Gurney, Head of Legal Practice for My Home Move cycled the length of the country in a bid to raise £10,000 for charity with various sponsorships including Isis Conveyancing Insurance Specialists, Purplebricks, Tepillo, People Value, Databarracks, Macleans Data, Talk Talk Business, Property Academy, EasyProperty, LexisNexis and AFD Software.
How the donations help
In 2016 we raised over £23,000 for our DTRT good causes, and since we launched this initiative across the company in 2011, we have raised over £68,000.
The fact that we are able to send a constant sum of money each month to the Snehalaya Children’s Home in India gives stability to these vulnerable organisations. The money ensures that they always have electricity and running water and that the children always have food on the table.
Similarly, our donations to the Bridge Homeless Shelter, the Hope Centre and the Mustard Tree help homeless people across Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Greater Manchester. Our donations assist these charities in being able to care for the well-being of homeless people that have nowhere else to go.
‘We are so grateful for the continuing support of the team at My Home Move, as a small local charity, we rely very heavily on donations like these. Many of our clients (we see 120 people each day) are homeless, or have experienced homelessness, ALL are in poverty. The money raised through challenges such as the annual charity trek help us to provide hot drinks, food, clothing and showers, as well as activities such as our cookery club, and importantly a listening ear for those who are often ignored in the outside world.’ Sue Wright, Fundraiser, Northampton Hope Centre
From time to time, My Home Move also supports charity events promoted by our business partners, in particular Agents Giving (AG) which supports charities that provide help to the homeless and organisations that seek to address some of the causes of homelessness. Through our relationship with AG we ensured that the Bridge received additional grants. We also encourage our people to support other major days of national fundraising such as Comic Relief.
You can also now donate to the My Home Move Charitable Trust via our Justgiving page.